The letter I will never send.

It has been four months since we last spoke. Four months since you texted me for the last time. Four months since I didn't believe the very last thing you said to me. Four months of missing you. Four months of wondering if you thought of me. Four months of secretly keeping up. Four months of wondering if you did the same. Four months of wanting to reach out. Four months of keeping my mouth shut. Four months of painful disappointment. Four months of wondering why you didn't stop me from leaving. Four months of wondering what I did to deserve this. Four months of wondering why you felt this was worth letting go of. Four months of constant reminders of you.

Four months of borderline hating you. But four long months of soul searching. Four months of forgiveness. Four months of making something of myself and four months of wishing I could share it with you. Four months have gone by and now four months later it is time to fully let go.

Goodbye, for good, S.

No comments: